Ai Research Lead
Please, no recruitment professionals – Direct applications only.
We believe in technology that positively changes society. We create intelligently artificial products that solve and automate a range of human-focused challenges, from chat-based interactions, to bulk task automation and machine learning. We’re growing and need new talent to join Us on the journey.
- Location: London. UK travel may be required.
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Contact Us for more details
Benefits: Learning alongside some of the industries most thought-provoking people; Events and social activities; Pension; Flexible working situation, including home working and flexi-hours; Casual dress code; Non-contractual discretionary bonus scheme; 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
About the role
Us Ai is seeking someone to grow, and run our Research & Innovation function. This is an exciting new role which will contribute to our clients expanding research in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. The post holder will be highly engaging and explore new opportunities for research and innovation across our clients; they will coordinate the development of new projects and manage submissions and contracts associated with these.
We’re creating a highly collaborative approach to research, and you should therefore have a proven ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, the clients, and their audience, whilst also building productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The post holder will provide dedicated research to clients in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. This will include the provision of expert support for research grants and contracts, alongside the development of new partnerships with external stakeholders. In addition the post holder will identify opportunities for cross client collaboration in data science and Ai, as well as looking to universities and academia for peer review and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a point of contact and work closely with academics, researchers, colleagues on matters relating to research in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and develop and implement tools to coordinate the companies activities; the post holder will also develop external relationships and collaborations (with public, private and third sector bodies, research partners, users of research, other agencies and stakeholders);
- Develop materials for and deliver events and activities for researchers and external stakeholders which can benefit the Ai community; these activities may be delivered in collaboration with other parties such as the APPG on Ai.
- Develop large, strategic research applications in AI and Data Science, acting in this respect as an overall project manager, and ensuring that internal and external partners are working effectively towards client requirements and deadlines.
- Feed into policy consultations and other public discussions of strategic importance to the future direction of research; this may include drafting papers, briefings and reports and support the drafting of policies and procedures both for the company, and the industry as a whole.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to ensure that the specific needs of Us Ai are shared effectively; this will include developing a good working relationship with the founders and internal teams to support communication of related activity and developments.
- Providing support for steering groups or other bodies established to support the relationship between Us Ai and the Ai industry. This may include undertaking any other duties from time to time as specified by the company founders, such as presenting research findings at events, or back to senior stakeholders.
What you can expect
Us Ai is a privately-owned, entrepreneurial company based in London. Our solid founders-base combined with our low ceremony culture means we have the agility to invest in new capabilities like Ai and make stuff happen quickly. Many consultants that join us from other more established firms are surprised at their ability to truly collaborate across teams and bring people together to design and deliver outstanding solutions for our clients.
You can expect a fast paced, supportive environment and an eco-system of smart people that you will work with on a daily basis. You will be continually learning and challenged.
You will have clear objectives to grow and run the practice and will have the space and authority to achieve them. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader, who can deliver the aspirations and ambitions of our people and the Us Ai Board.
Email CV and Cover Letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything we do is shaped by our value to “Do better things, rather than things better”. This philosophy informs the foundations of our business. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Us the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with Us.
At Us Ai, we believe that diversity and inclusion are at the heart of the creativity and innovation we deliver for our clients. We value the diversity of our people – and the varied experiences, expertise, backgrounds and perspectives they bring. We work hard to foster a culture where those differences can thrive and where every one of us can fulfil our potential.