Automation at scale refers to the employment of an emerging set of technologies that combines fundamental process redesign with robotic process automation (RPA) and machine learning. Automation at scale encompasses the following five core technologies.
- RPA allows companies to configure computer software to automate routine tasks such as data extraction and cleaning through existing user interfaces, mimicking human actions.
- Smart workflow is a process-management software tool that merges tasks performed by groups of humans and machines to integrate robots into the daily flow of work.
- Machine learning and advanced analytics software use algorithms to identify patterns in structured and unstructured data. These technologies mimic human judgment.
- Natural-language generation is accomplished by software engines that create seamless interactions between humans and technology, translating observations from data into prose. These technologies mimic human speech.
- Cognitive agents are created by combining machine learning and natural-language generation to build virtual workers (or “agents”) capable of executing tasks, communicating, learning from data sets and making decisions based on logic, experiential learning and, in some cases, the detection of customer emotions.
We’re spending a lot of time helping out clients to automate at scale. If you’ve like to find out how we can help you do just this, then please get in touch.